More Info for Vendors and Suppliers:
Paula Torres-Symington – Nobleza Azul Tequila
Paula Torres-Symington is the head of Nobleza Azul Tequila, the first female- and minority-owned tequila company. Born in Mexico and raised in California, Paula brings a unique perspective to how artisan-made tequila is sold. The company got its start from her family’s Jalisco, Mexico agave farm, and after working directly with government regulatory agency staffers, competing against gigantic distillers, and taking to heart the importance of member service, Paula’s fresh outlook on selling Tequila made her a standout in the Supplier Diversity Program. In August 2013 she reached her biggest achievement to date – a contract with Costco. As a result, Nobleza Azul Tequila has landed in nine warehouses in the San Diego region.
Costco is committed to providing opportunities to a supplier base as diverse as the communities we serve.
Diversity in our employee base as well as our Supplier base is an important aspect of our business; by developing and maintaining partnerships with certified minority and women owned businesses, we are able to explore new ideas and maintain a fresh approach to our business, while positively affecting the economic development in the communities where we do business.
Definition of Minority
A minority-owned business is a proprietorship, partnership, corporation or joint-venture that is 51% owned, operated and controlled by United States citizens who are members of the following racial groups:
A U.S. citizen having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa.
A U.S. citizen whose origins are from India, Pakistan or Bangladesh.
A U.S. citizen whose origins are from Japan, Korea, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, the Philippines, Thailand, Samoa, Guam, the U.S. Trust Territories of the Pacific or the Northern Marianas.
A U.S. citizen of trueborn Hispanic heritage, from any Spanish speaking areas of Latin America or the following regions: Mexico, Central America, South America and the Caribbean Basin only.
A person who is an American Indian, Eskimo, Aleut or Native Hawaiian, and regarded as such by the community of which the person claims to be a part. Native Americans must be documented members of a North American tribe, band or otherwise organized group of native people who are indigenous to the continental United States and can be provided through a National American Blood Degree Certificate (i.e. tribal registry letter, tribal roll register Number).
Definition of a Woman Owned Business
A certified Woman Business Enterprise (WBE) is owned, operated and controlled by one or more women that are U.S. citizens. Ownership is defined as the owner of record having control of 51% or more of the company's voting shares, and controls the day to day operations.
To be eligible for our Supplier Diversity Program:
- Certification through the National Minority Supplier Development Council, Women's Business Enterprise National Council, or similar Federal, State or local government minority certification programs.
- U.S. Citizen Ownership.
- Company is 51% owned and operated by one or more of the eligible groups listed above.
- Capacity to do business with Costco.
Important information to consider:
Costco does not currently outsource the following businesses:
- IT Services
- Staffing Services
- Management Consulting Services – Including but not limited to marketing, project management, or human resource consulting services
- Newly established business entities
- Ad specialties
Costco Wholesale has a focused membership demographic and a limited number of SKUs. Before submitting an application, please consider the following:
- Visit your local Costco warehouse to better understand our business and our merchandise mix.
- Browse our website to learn more about Costco's business and the merchandise we offer our members.
- Consider "Roadshow" opportunities. A "Roadshow" is a special event where the vendor displays and sells its merchandise at various Costco Wholesale locations for a limited period of time according to a mutually agreed upon schedule.
If the company meets the above requirements:
- Please click on the link below and complete the application.
- Do not send any additional material with your application at this time. We will respond within 4 weeks of receiving your application.
- PLEASE NOTE: Eligibility for the Supplier Diversity Program does not guarantee a business partnership with Costco Wholesale.
- We will not respond to businesses who do not meet the above criteria.
Consider "Roadshow" opportunities.
A "Roadshow" is a special event where the vendor displays and sells its merchandise at various Costco Wholesale locations for a limited period of time according to a mutually agreed upon schedule.Click here for Supplier Diversity Application