Donation and Grant Eligibility Guidelines
In keeping with Costco Wholesale's giving guidelines our warehouses and regional offices specifically support programs focusing on children, education and health and human services. We would like to respond favorably to all requests however the needs are far greater than our allocated resources. Therefore it is not possible for us to accommodate all requests.
Costco Warehouse Donations
For local organizations and groups, which focus on children, education or health and human services, provide your local Costco Warehouse Manager with a copy of your IRS tax letter with your 501 (c) (3) status and a written request on your organizations letterhead. To determine your closest warehouse click here.
Regional Office Donations
For donations which impact a broader community or region, focusing on children, education or health and human services provide the regional office with a copy of your IRS tax letter noting your 501 (c) (3) status and a written request on your organizations letterhead.
Qualifying for a Grant
We specifically focus on programs supporting children, education and health and human services. The United Way, Children's Hospital and the Red Cross are a major focus in our charitable giving. Costco Wholesale is committed to supporting charitable and community activities in the markets where we do business.
We do not fund direct aid to the following:
- Capital campaigns, building projects, or equipment
- Transportation and travel expenses
- Political organizations
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Government agencies
- Loans or investments
- Research studies
- Athletic teams, events, or sponsorships
- Animal related programs, including shelters
- Merchandise for fundraisers and auctions
- Symposiums, conferences, conventions, professional association meetings
- Individual primary and secondary schools
- Merchandise promotions, partnerships or advertising
- General awareness campaigns
- Development or production of books, films, videos, television programs, or websites
- Parties, celebrations, parades, festivals and raffles
- Deficit funding
Our Charitable Contributions Committee is charged with overseeing our charitable giving and encouraging decentralization of charitable giving so that the greatest impact is where Costco's employees and members live and work. Only 501(c) (3) nonprofit organizations, which meet our giving guidelines and focus areas, are considered. See FAQ's and Grant Application for specific details and required documents to be considered for review.