How to Shop
Shopping at Costco.com is easy. There are three simple steps to finding the item you are looking for:
- Browse the Home page, which displays the categories available and links to special offers. Click a category to see the selection of items available within that category. Click the item and you will see a detailed explanation of the item's features. Or, search for specific items by entering a brand name, an item description, or keywords in the "Search" window displayed on every merchandise page. You will be given a list of items that best match your search criteria.
- When you find something you want to purchase, click "Add to cart." The number of items in your cart will be displayed in the top right corner of the page. You can view or change the contents of your cart at any time by clicking "Cart."
- When you're finished shopping, click "Check out." You will be forwarded to our login page where you will enter your e-mail address and password.
How to Navigate Costco.com
How do I place an order for Business Delivery Products?
If you have not registered on Costco.com before, you will need to create a new account.
Enter your e-mail address, password and, if you are a member, the membership # found on your membership card. If you have a Costco - American Express co-branded card, your membership number is located on the back of your card to the right of your picture and will say "Costco Membership Number."
Then click the "Register" button to create an account.
Note: Maintaining an active Costco membership does not automatically register you on Costco.com. You will need to complete a New Registration if you have not previously registered on Costco.com.
Your membership number is not linked to your account until you add it at the time of registration or by updating your information in the My Account section.
Enter your Billing and Shipping information and click on “Checkout”.
You will then see a page displaying the contents of your shopping cart. On this page, you have the opportunity to Ship to Multiple Addresses or upgrade your ship method to "Express" if that option is available for the item(s) in your cart.
To complete the checkout process:
- Click on Continue Checkout.
- Enter your payment information.
- Click on Continue Checkout.
- Click the Complete Checkout button to complete your order.
Shipping Address Book
If the merchandise will be sent to an address other than the billing address, enter the address information under the shipping information area of "My Account." This information will be updated automatically and stored in your personal address book for future purchases. Your address book can store and maintain up to 99 names and addresses.
Need Help Placing an Order?
Currently, Costco.com offers shipping in the United States only. We do not currently deliver to PO boxes, international addresses, or a few limited geographic areas within the U.S.
For our Canadian members, please visit us at http://www.costco.ca.
Shipments to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico will incur additional shipping charges that will be quoted to you at time of checkout. We plan to expand service to more areas in the future. Please check our site regularly for updates.
Costco.com provides various shipping methods. As you shop, each product page describes the standard shipping method for the item.
Package Delivery Standard and Express Delivery
Most merchandise can be delivered by package carriers such as UPS (United Parcel Service), Federal Express, or USPS (United States Parcel Service). These carriers deliver your merchandise directly to your door.
Contracted freight carriers deliver merchandise that is too large or too heavy to ship via package carriers. Contracted freight carrier's telephone you when your merchandise arrives at their terminal to set up a delivery appointment. They provide curbside delivery, but they are not responsible for bringing the merchandise into your home, uncrating, installing or removing package materials.
Other merchandise requires special handling or setup. Our "White Glove" carriers deliver this merchandise. They will unpack, inspect, and set up your merchandise in the room of your choice. Also they will remove all packaging materials.
Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico
Not all products sold on Costco.com can be shipped to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico due to shipping limitations. For products that can be shipped to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico, an additional shipping charge will be incurred which will be quoted to you at time of checkout. Please review the product page to see if shipping to these locations is available for a specific item.
To inquire about items not currently enabled for Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico, please email Customer Service. Please include the item number and your delivery address in your inquiry. We will contact you with a freight quote.
Multiple Delivery Addresses
- If you are sending merchandise to multiple ship-to-addresses, please begin by entering the list of ship-to-addresses into your "Address Book" located in "My Account." This information will be updated automatically and stored in your personal address book for future purchases. Your address book can store and maintain up to 99 names and addresses.
- Add the item(s) you wish to order to your cart and proceed to checkout.
- Click on the "Ship to Multiple Addresses" button near the top of the shipping address information page of the check-out process.
- The items you have in your cart will be listed individually with the ability to choose a ship-to address one line item at a time.
- You will also have the opportunity to add a customized "Gift Message" to each item with gift message capability at this point in the check-out process.
Currently, Costco.com offers shipping in the United States only. For our Canadian members, please visit us at http://www.costco.ca. We plan to expand service to more areas in the future. Please check our site regularly for updates.
Passage of Title
Passage of title (or transfer of ownership) on the merchandise you order will occur once you receive the merchandise.
All prices and dollar amounts on this site are in United States dollars. Costco.com accepts the following credit cards: American Express (the preferred credit card of Costco.com), VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and the Costco credit card. Some electronic transactions may require extended processing in addition to credit card authorization. You will be notified by a Costco.com customer service representative if extended processing is required to complete your transaction request through our web site. All credit cards must be valid, authentic and you must be authorized to use them. If the charge is not authorized or accepted, we reserve the right to cancel your order without notice or liability. We reserve the right to stop accepting credit cards from one or more issuers. Your credit card will be charged when the goods are shipped to you.
To apply for the TrueEarnings® Card from Costco and American Express click here: Credit Application.
Costco Cash Card
Versatile and convenient, Costco Cash cards can be used in our warehouses, gas stations and on Costco.com. They are issued in increments ranging from $25.00 to $1,000.00 U.S.D. With thousands of items to choose from, Cash cards make great gifts for clients, friends and family.
Costco is a membership warehouse club, dedicated to bringing our members the lowest possible prices on quality, brand-name merchandise. Costco members not only receive the best possible prices at Costco.com, but can also shop at any of the Costco Wholesale locations worldwide! Costco members need to enter their membership number during the registration process in the My Account section. Non-members will be charged a 5% surcharge over the member's posted product prices (except for prescription drugs). If you are not a member, we encourage you to join. For more membership information, click here.
In accordance with applicable state and local laws, we are required to charge sales tax in localities where Costco has operations. Costco does not benefit from the collection of sales tax and we remit all taxes collected directly to the appropriate taxing jurisdiction. As a general rule, it is the laws of the state of delivery that determine whether sales tax will be due on your transaction. The appropriate sales tax amount will be displayed on the check out section of the site.
If we are legally required to collect sales tax on merchandise you order, the tax amount will be added automatically to your purchase price. On rare occasions an error in our state sales tax database may cause the sales tax charge to be incorrect. If this happens, at any time up to two years from your date of purchase you may contact customer service for a refund of tax overcharges. This right to a refund is your exclusive remedy for sales tax errors.
Sales tax is charged, on both merchandise and related shipping and handling charges, for orders delivered to addresses within the following states:
- AL, AK (Juneau ONLY), AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, PA, PR, SC, TN, TX, VT, VA, WA and WI
Sales tax is charged on merchandise only for orders delivered to addresses within the following states:
- ID, IA, MA and UT Be advised that, because Costco's shipping and handling charge is a combined charge, this charge is subject to sales tax in many of the states where a separately stated shipping charge might normally be nontaxable.
To ensure that information entered on Costco.com is secure, we have implemented a security protocol called SSL. (Secure Socket Layer) SSL encrypts all information entered on our site before it is sent over the internet. SSL prevents eavesdropping and ensures data integrity during communications. For further information please view our privacy statement. Encryption is the process of taking the characters you enter at your computer keyboard and scrambling them into bits of code before transmission. The bits are securely transmitted over the internet to be deciphered when received by Costco. To anyone else, the information would be unreadable.
Questions or Suggestions
You may submit questions or suggestions using the online feedback form at Costco.com Member Comments and Suggestions.