ioSafe SOLO 2TB Disaster Proof Hard Drive
Item # 547230
ioSafe Solo + Data Recovery Service: The ultimate external hard drive backed by the ultimate safety net.
Like an aircraft black box for your data, the ioSafe Solo and Data Recovery Service together offer you an unparalleled level of data protection.
Combining advanced technology and elegant design, the rugged ioSafe Solo delivers an unmatched level of fire and water protection for your digital life at a price everyone can afford. And if the unfortunate happens, the ioSafe Data Recovery Service is there to help restore your disaster exposed data and hardware – no matter the circumstance.
Families, businesses, and large enterprises alike turn to the ioSafe Solo and Data Recovery Service for the added peace of mind of knowing their digital lives – their memories, media, portfolios, data, and records are protected by the ultimate external hard drive and ultimate safety net.
** ADDED COSTCO BONUS: 1 Additional Year of Data Recovery Service (2 Years Total Coverage) **
- World’s most affordable high capacity fireproof and waterproof hard drive
- Fireproof: 1550 F, 1/2 hr per ASTM E119
- Waterproof: Full immersion, 10 ft. 3 days, fresh or salt water
- 2 TB storage capacity
- USB 2.0 interface
- Windows and Mac compatible
- PC and Laptop backup
- Supplement online backup
- Simple plug and play
- PC and Mac backup (MS Server and Linux not supported)
- Bare metal restore
- Supplement offsite backup
- Simple Disaster Recovery
- Supplement online backup
- Bolts to floor for theft
- Remote Office Disaster Recovery
- Tape replacement
- Medical Records / EMR
- Offsite vaulting replacement
- Compliance (HIPAA, PCI, SOX)
- Minimize RTO / RPO
- Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery
Every ioSafe hard drive purchased through Costco.com comes with a three-year limited warranty and two-years of complimentary one time use data and hardware recovery support.
You can also extend your coverage to three or five years from your hardware product’s original purchase date with the ioSafe Data Recovery Service (Available through product registration). You get direct, single point of contact access to ioSafe’s telephone and email recovery support for questions about ioSafe hardware and data recovery. And you get global repair coverage for your ioSafe through convenient service options.
Unmatched, expert service and support:
Enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing your data is protected by the best data recovery service in the industry.
- Direct access to ioSafe’s experts – one point of contact
- Global, mail-in repair coverage with free shipping
- One time use, no questions asked, data recovery service
- Replacement hardware pre-loaded with recovered data
- Up to $1000 for forensic data recovery
Because efficiency of communication is vital during a crisis, the ioSafe Data Recovery Service gives you one-stop service and support and a personally assigned Recovery Team Leader who will guide you through the entire recovery process.
Forensic Data Recovery:
ioSafe’s Recovery experts are able to fully recover the vast majority of disaster exposed drives, but if ioSafe is not able to recover your data in-house, ioSafe will team up with the experts at DriveSavers to help recover your data. The ioSafe Data Recovery Service provides up to $1000 towards forensic data recovery efforts.
DataCast endothermic fire insulation technology protects your data from extreme heat. The DataCast formulation forms a chemical bond with water molecules that, at temperatures above 160°F, releases water vapor to limit the internal temperature of the unit during a fire.
HydroSafe water barrier technology is designed to protect data loss from fresh or salt water damage, including full immersion. While keeping your data dry, the HydroSafe technology still allows the needed heat dissipation required by all computer hardware during normal operation.
FloSafe active airflow cooling technology provides cooling airflow through the enclosure and across the disk drives during normal operating conditions. If destructive heat levels are sensed, such as in a fire, the FloSafe vents limit and protect your data from the extreme heat.
- Single disk, 2 TB storage capacity
- Quiet forced air cooling
- Multi-platform compatibility: Windows, Mac and Linux
- USB 2.0, up to 480 Mb/s, 7200 RPM
- Dimensions: 5.0" W x 7.1" H x 11.0" L; Weight: 15 lbs.
- Fire protection: 1550 F, ½ hr per ASTM E119
- Flood / submersion protection: to 10 feet water depth, 3 days.
- Tested per UL, FCC and CE Standards
- Proven data protection and recovery. Tested to ASTM E119 standards for fire exposure.
- Physical theft protection: Cable lock or floor Mount capable
- 2 Year Data Recovery Service (3 and 5 year plans available)
- 3 Year standard manufacturer's warranty for defects
- ioSafe Solo USB External Hard Drive
- USB 2.0 Cable
- Power Supply
- Owners Manual and Warranty
- Electrical – AC input
- Voltage: 80 ~ 264 VAC at 50/60 HZ
- Typical Power Consumption: < 25 W
- Intel Pentium II 350 MHz-compatible or Mac G3 processor & greater
- Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 or Mac OS 8.6 & greater
- USB 2.0 equipped system
- For USB 2.0 speeds, the system must support USB 2.0 specifications
- Operating: 0-35° C (95° F)
- Non-operating: 0-1550° F, 1/2 hr per ASTM E119
- Operating Humidity: 20% - 80% (non-condensing)
- Non-operating Humidity: 100%, Full water immersion, 10 feet, 3 days.
Cable Included: Yes
Data Transfer Rate: 480 MB/Sec
Depth: 11 in.
Enclosure Type: External
Hard Drive Size: 2 TB
Number of USB 2.0: 1
Operating System: Windows ®
Rotational Speed: 7,200 GB
USB Ports: 1
Weight: 15 lb.
Width: 5 in.
Express shipping is via UPS. The estimated delivery time will be approximately 1 - 2 business days from the time of order.
Please choose your shipping method at checkout.
An additional Shipping and Handling fee will apply to express shipments. This fee will be quoted at checkout.
*Delivery is available to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. An additional Shipping and Handling fee will apply to shipments going to Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico. This fee will be quoted at checkout. Additional transit time may be required.
Costco.com products can be returned to any of our more than 600 Costco warehouses worldwide.
Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touch screen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones.
How to Return: For an immediate refund (including shipping and handling), simply return your purchase at any one of our Costco warehouses worldwide. If you are unable to return your order at one of our warehouses, please email customer service or call our customer service center at 1-800-955-2292 for assistance. To expedite the processing of your return, please reference your order number.
If you request an item be picked up for return, the item must be packaged and available for pick up in the same manner as it was delivered.
If your order was delivered "curb side", it will need to be available for curb side pick up.
If the item arrived to you in a box, it will need to be in a box at the time of pick up.