ioSafe 214 NAS 2TB Hard Drive
The Fire and Waterproof NAS/RAID Storage Solution
The ioSafe 214 is a fireproof and waterproof, network connected, multi-drive NAS/RAID storage device for terabytes of your precious or business data. Designed to be the center of your private cloud, the ioSafe 214 is powered by a Synology DSM motherboard and operating system. It allows for fast access on your local network and remote access from nearly any device connected to the internet - all secured and protected by you. The ioSafe 214 is designed and assembled by ioSafe in California - a data storage company with a vision to protect the world's photos, videos and business data in the vulnerable private cloud.
It's all about you. Your data. Your stuff. All of it.
The ioSafe 214 is the first disaster-proof private cloud device of it's kind. Like an aircraft black box for your data, the ioSafe 214 is designed to protect and secure terabytes of the most precious data on the planet - your data.
Moving a terabyte online can take months. Three or four terabytes? Fuggedaboutit! Months to upload and months to download. It's faster to ship a hard drive across the country than to try to stream the data across the internet. The situation is only getting worse as data growth will continue to exceed bandwidth over the foreseeable future. It's the equivalent of pushing the Pacific Ocean through a garden hose.
No one in the public cloud cares as much about your data as you do. Information gets hacked, deleted and compromised in the public cloud as the biggest databases represent the juiciest targets for hackers. Staying in control of how your local data is stored, accessed and managed is an excellent way to avoid risks of the public cloud.
The private cloud (aka NAS with cloud-like applications: picture sharing, music streaming and file syncing) can help solve the speed and security issues associated with the public cloud. It's fast when you're local and accessible when you're remote. The security is set by you and only you: simply pull the plug out of the wall if you want to completely lock out all external access to your data. Once your data is out in the public cloud, you lose control over how or where your data is stored. It will invariably get replicated across the internet and can never be made completely secure again.
Disaster Recovery (DR) for the private cloud?
Streaming your data offsite for disaster protection is slow and is fraught with unknown risks regarding your service provider's policies and employees. Trying to replicate onsite and then physically move the data offsite for DR is a daily hassle and expense. You risk losing the data through human error, an unlocked car, disgruntled employee, etc. - bad things happen. Streaming or syncing terabytes online leads straight back to the public cloud's cost and bandwidth issues.
The ioSafe Solution
ioSafe protects from natural disaster by wrapping its patented protection technology around vulnerable private cloud data - onsite. You get fast local access, redundant hard drives, security, nearly unlimited storage, cloud convenience, access to the data with virtually any device and onsite protection against natural disasters.
You can use our solution alone or in conjunction with your existing backup and DR practices if you have any already in place. Every situation is special and this technology is meant as a tool for you to use to reduce your vulnerability. There is simply no other single solution available with all the advantages of the ioSafe 214 for speed, flexibility, cost and disaster recovery.
- Theft Protection: Kensington® Security Slot. Optional Floor Mount / Padlock Kit
- CPU Frequency: 1.06 Ghz Dual Core ARM Processor
- Memory: DDR3 512MB
- Internal HDD/SSD: 3.5. or 2.5. SATA(II) X 2
- Max Internal Capacity: 2TB (2X 1TB hard drives)
- Hot Swappable HDD
- External Storage Interface: 1X USB 2.0 port, 2X USB 3.0 ports
- LAN: 1X Gigabit
- Wireless Support: Yes (wireless dongles not included)
- Wake on LAN/WAN: Yes
- Noise Level: 19.9 dB(A)
- AC Input Power Voltage: 100V to 240V
- Power Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, Single Phase
- Power Consumption: 18.48 W (Access); 8.28 W (HDD Hibernation)
- Operating Temperature: 5°C to 35°C (40°F to 95°F)
- Storage Temperature: -10°C to 70°C (15°Fto 155°F)
- Relative Humidity 5% to 95%RH
- Size (HxWxD): 5.9 in (150mm) x 9.06 in (230mm) x 11.5 in (292mm)
- Weight: 28 lbs (12.7 kg)
- File Station: Virtual Drive, Remote Folder
- Backup Solutions: Network Backup, Local Backup, Desktop Backup (Window: Synology Data Replicator; Mac®: Apple® Time Machine® backup application), Shared Folder Sync - Max Task Number : 2, Configuraiton Backup, USBCopy/SDCopy
- Mail Server: Supported Mail Server Protocols : POP3, SMTP, IMAP
- FTP Server: Bandwidth Control, Custom FTP Passive Port Range, Anonymous FTP, Transfer Log
- Web Station: Virtual Host (up to 30 websites), PHP/MySQL®, 3rd-Party Applications Support
- Printer Server: Max Printer #: 2, Printing Protocols: LPR, CIFS, IPP, Apple AirPrint™ Google Cloud Print™, Multi Functional Print Server MFP functions are for Windows® PC only)
- iOS/Android™ Applications: DS photo+, DS audio, DS cam, DS file, DS finder
- Windows Phone Applications: DS finder
- Directory Server: LDAP Directory Server, Backup and Restore LDAP Database
- VPN Server: Maximum Connections : 5, VPN Method: PPTP, OpenVPN.
- DHCP Server: DHCP Server feature, Address Reservation
- Syslog Server: SSL Connection, Log Rotation: 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, Email Notification
- Mail Station: Webmail Interface for Mail Server, Receiving Mails from Multiple POP3 Mailboxes, Customizable SMTP Server
- Antivirus Essential: Full System Scan, Scheduled Scan, White List Customization, Virus Definition Auto Update
- Time Backup: Maximum Task Number : 2, Multiple File Versions Retained, Instant File Restoration
- Cloud Station: Maximum User Accounts : 16, Retain Historical and Deleted File Versions
- DLNA®/UPnP® Media Server: PS3®/Xbox 360® Support
- Download Station Supported Download Protocols: BT/HTTP/FTP/NZB/eMule. Maximum Concurrent Download Tasks : 30
- Other Packages: Photo Station, Audio Station, iTunes® Server, 3rd-Party Packages
- Networking Protocols: CIFS, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, CalDAV, iSCSI, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, VPN (PPTP, OpenVPN™)
- File System: EXT4, EXT3 (External Disk Only), FAT (External Disk Only), NTFS (External Disk Only)
- Storage Management: Max File System Size: 16TB, Max Internal Volume #: 256, Max iSCSI Target #: 10, Max iSCSI LUN#: 10, Supported RAID Type : Synology Hybrid RAID, Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1
- File Sharing Capability: Max User Account: 2048, Max Group: 256, Max Shared Folder: 256, Max Concurrent CIFS/AFP/FTP Connections : 128
- Privilege: Windows Access Control List (ACL)
- Directory Service: Windows ADS Domain Integration, LDAP Integration
- Security: FTP over SSL/TLS, IP Auto-Block, Firewall, Encrypted Network Backup over Rsync, HTTPS Connection
- Utilities: Synology Web Assistant, Synology Assistant, Synology Data Replicator
- Supported Clients: Windows XP onward, Mac OS X® 10.5 onward, Ubuntu 9.04 onward
- Support Browsers: Chrome, Internet Explorer®: 8, 9, Firefox®, Safari® (Mac): 5
- Environment: RoHS Compliant
- Package Content: 214 Main Unit, Installation Disc, Welcome Note, Assembling Kit, AC Power Cord, AC Power Adapter, RJ-45 LAN Cable X1
- Warranty: 214 6TB: 1 Year Warranty. 214 w/ factory loaded drives: 1Year + 1 Year Data Recovery Service DRS). Upgradeable to 5 Year Warranty + 5 Years DRS. Certain limitation apply. See ioSafe website for details
Depth: 11.5 in.
Hard Drive Capacity: 2 TB
Height: 5.9 in.
Interface Standard: USB 2.0 & USB 3.0
Operating System: Mac & Windows
USB Ports: 3
Weight: 28 lb.
Width: 9.06 in.
Express shipping is via UPS. The estimated delivery time will be approximately 1 - 2 business days from the time of order.
Please choose your shipping method at checkout.
An additional Shipping and Handling fee will apply to express shipments. This fee will be quoted at checkout.
*Delivery is available to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. An additional Shipping and Handling fee will apply to shipments going to Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico. This fee will be quoted at checkout. Additional transit time may be required.
Costco.com products can be returned to any of our more than 600 Costco warehouses worldwide.
Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touch screen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones.
How to Return: For an immediate refund (including shipping and handling), simply return your purchase at any one of our Costco warehouses worldwide. If you are unable to return your order at one of our warehouses, please email customer service or call our customer service center at 1-800-955-2292 for assistance. To expedite the processing of your return, please reference your order number.
If you request an item be picked up for return, the item must be packaged and available for pick up in the same manner as it was delivered.
If your order was delivered "curb side", it will need to be available for curb side pick up.
If the item arrived to you in a box, it will need to be in a box at the time of pick up.
For information or a written copy of the manufacturer's warranty, please contact us at: email@example.com.