How do I search for an item on Costco.com?
Whether you're looking for an item or information about Costco, you can search our website quickly and easily by following the tips below:
- Try using a more general search term. Entering fewer words in the search field will typically improve your results.
- Try using different words to describe what you're looking for. Example: If you entered the search word "hot tub" with no results, try the word "spa".
- Join words or split the words. Example: antivirus vs. anti virus or Blu Ray vs. BluRay.
- Check for spelling errors.
- Verify the category you're searching in. Expand the search to "All" categories for better results.
- The item you are looking for may be temporarily out of stock.
Costco.com focuses on providing a unique selection to compliment items offered in our warehouses. The item you're searching for may be exclusively offered in our buildings. Use our warehouse locator to find your local Costco.
A complete list of warehouse items is not offered on Costco.com.
What is the "Electronic Waste Recycling Fee" on my receipt?
Since January 1, 2005, an Electronic Waste Recycling Fee has been assessed on certain "covered electronic devices" sold in California. "Covered" means covered by the law, and includes most video display products such as computer monitors and televisions. The fee is collected at the time of retail sale, including Internet and catalog sales, to California consumers. For more information or to find a recycling center near you, please visit www.erecycle.org.
Why am I charged sales tax on my order?
In accordance with applicable state and local laws, we are required to charge sales tax in localities where Costco has operations. Costco does not benefit from the collection of sales tax and we remit all taxes collected directly to the appropriate taxing jurisdiction.
As a general rule, it is the laws of the state of delivery that determine whether sales tax will be due on your transaction, The appropriate sales tax amount will be displayed on the checkout section of the site.
If we are legally required to collect sales tax on merchandise you order, the tax amount will be added automatically to your purchase price. On rare occasions an error in our state sales tax database may cause the sales tax charge to be incorrect. If this happens, at any time up to two years from your date of purchase you may contact customer service for a refund of tax overcharges. This right to a refund is your exclusive remedy for sales tax errors.
Sales Tax is charged, on both merchandise and related shipping and handling charges, for orders delivered to addresses within the following states:
- AL, AK (Juneau ONLY), AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, PA, PR, SC, TN, TX, VT, VA, WA, and WI.
Sales tax is charged on merchandise only for orders delivered to addresses within the following states:
- ID, IA, MA and UT.
Be advised that, because Costco's shipping and handling charge is a combined charge, this charge is subject to sales tax in many states where a separately stated shipping charge might normally be nontaxable.
Sales Tax Holidays
At various times throughout the year, States offer special Sales Tax Holidays on particular types of merchandise. The guidelines and qualifications differ greatly from State to State and Holiday to Holiday. You can get information about these Tax Holidays by contacting your local Department of Revenue.
If you feel that your Costco.com purchase qualifies for a Sales Tax Holiday refund, please send an email to TaxRequest@costco.com.
Enter subject line: Sales Tax Holiday Request
In the body of the email please include:
* Membership #
* First & Last Name
* Costco.com Order #
* Item submitted for consideration – please include item # and product description
* State in which the Tax Holiday occurred
* Please indicate whether this purchase was for personal or business use
This email address should ONLY be used for Sales Tax Holiday refund requests. To request another type of sales tax exemption, please see the "Can I receive sales tax exemption for an online order?"
Costco.com will review your request to determine if it qualifies for a refund and notify you of our findings by way of credit confirmation or an email explaining why your purchase did not qualify.
Costco.com can not legally do tax adjustments on previously purchased items that are now exempt during the tax holiday.
Can I receive sales tax exemption for an online order?
Costco.com does not currently offer sales tax exemption at the time of sale.
Our Tax Department will process your exemption request after you have placed your order and submitted the following documentation:
- A copy of your resale/tax exempt documentation.
- A copy of the Costco.com shipping confirmation email from your purchase or printed receipt from your online order status page.
- A Sales Tax Exemption Claim Form.
The completed and signed tax exemption claim form MUST be included with your request.
Mail this information to:
Operations/Buying Tax Department
999 Lake Drive
Issaquah, WA 98027
Only claims meeting the exemption requirements of the state where merchandise is shipped will be considered. Receipt of your claim is not an agreement that tax will be refunded.
For resale, Costco.com requires the appropriate resale certificate from the state where shipment was delivered. For exempt organizations, such as schools and nonprofit organizations, most states require that purchases must be made with a credit card in name of the tax-exempt business or agency. Payment with personal funds to be reimbursed by the organization may nullify an exemption.
Our ability to provide you a refund of the tax you paid on your purchase will be based on the "ship to" state's resale/tax exemption laws. If your purchase does not meet that states guidelines, Costco will not be able to refund the tax.
Costco Cash Card
How do I order a Costco Cash Card?
Versatile and convenient, Costco Cash Cards can be used to shop at any Costco location or Costco gas station in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and online at Costco.com or on Costco.ca.
You must be a member to purchase or reload Costco Cash Cards. They are issued in increments ranging from $25.00 To $1,000 U.S.D. With thousands of items to choose from, Cash Cards make great gifts for clients, friends and family.
How do I use a Costco Cash Card?
Using a Cash Card online is easy. Simply follow these steps:
- Select an item you would like to purchase and click on "Add to Cart."
- When you are satisfied with your order, click "Check Out."
- Enter the Costco Cash Card number on the "Payment" page in the Apply Costco Cash Card entry field, along with the Card PIN.
- Complete the check out process. The full amount of your oder will be deducted from your cash card balance, and any remaining balance will be available for future purchases.
How do I check the available balance on my Costco Cash Card?
- Click on "Costco Cash Card Balance" located at the top of the Home page.
- Enter your Cash Card Number and PIN in the fields provided.
- Both fields are required.
- Click on "Check balance."