WD My Passport® Ultra™ 1TB USB 3.0/USB 2.0 Hard Drive
What's your Backup Plan?
You've taken the time to create it or capture it – everything that matters to you, from financial to sentimental. But you're just one system error, one spilled latte, one stolen backpack away from losing it all. Like a jet plane with more than one engine you need a backup. If your files are backed up and an important file is lost, you can relax because you have a copy. Protect the files you create yourself whether they are text documents, e-mail messages, pictures, music, videos or game saves. If you made them, you want to save them and keep them nearby. You don't have to back up your entire system – a time consuming task that duplicates the issues you've built up over time on your hard drive. If your system fails, use the original copies of your software programs and reinstall your operating system to get a fresh start.
You can back up to CDs or DVDs, but this is a slow, manual process. And contrary to popular belief, most CDs and DVDs are not permanent. Low-priced CDRs may not be readable in as few as two years and thumb drives are small, lower capacities, and easy to lose.
- Automatic & cloud backup: Safeguard your memories with WD SmartWare Pro automatic backup software. Back up directly to this drive or to the cloud using Dropbox.
- Sleek, high-capacity, storage to go: The perfect companion for your Ultrabook and other slim notebooks. You get up to 2 TB in a sleek, compact design.
- Secure your drive: Use WD Security to set password protection and hardware encryption and protect your files from unauthorized use or access.
- Works great with Windows® 8: The WD Windows 8 app makes it easy to discover the digital media stored on your My Passport Ultra drive with your Windows 8 computer. Your content is automatically displayed and organized so you can easily locate and enjoy your photos, videos and music.
- Ultra-fast transfer rates: When connected to a USB 3.0 port, My Passport Ultra lets you access and save files in blazing speed. Reduce transfer time by up to 3 times when compared to USB 2.0 transfer rates.*
- WD Drive Utilities™: Register your drive, set drive timer, run diagnostics and more using WD Drive Utilities.
- Durable enclosure protects the drive inside: We know your data is important to you. So we build the drive inside to our demanding requirements for durability, shock tolerance, and long-term reliability. Then, we protect the drive with a durable enclosure designed for beauty and a 3-year limited warranty for your peace of mind.
- Formatted NTFS for Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 operating systems
- Requires reformatting for Mac OS X
- Note: Compatibility may vary depending on user’s hardware configuration and operating system.
- Interface: USB 3.0 and USB 2.0
- Capacity: 1TB
- Operating System: Windows/MAC
- Dimensions: .606" H x 4.35" D x 3.23" W
- Weight: 0.34 lbs.
- Portable hard drive
- USB cable
- WD SmartWare Pro software
- Quick Install Guide
Hard Drive Capacity: 1 TB
Interface Standard: USB 2.0 & USB 3.0
Length: 0.61 in.
Operating System: Mac & Windows
Type of Hard Drives: External
USB Ports: 2
Weight: 0.34 lb.
Express shipping is via UPS. The estimated delivery time will be approximately 1 - 2 business days from the time of order.
Please choose your shipping method at checkout.
An additional Shipping and Handling fee will apply to express shipments. This fee will be quoted at checkout.
*Delivery is available to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. An additional Shipping and Handling fee will apply to shipments going to Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico. This fee will be quoted at checkout. Additional transit time may be required.
Costco.com products can be returned to any of our more than 600 Costco warehouses worldwide.
Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touch screen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones.
How to Return: For an immediate refund (including shipping and handling), simply return your purchase at any one of our Costco warehouses worldwide. If you are unable to return your order at one of our warehouses, please email customer service or call our customer service center at 1-800-955-2292 for assistance. To expedite the processing of your return, please reference your order number.
If you request an item be picked up for return, the item must be packaged and available for pick up in the same manner as it was delivered.
If your order was delivered "curb side", it will need to be available for curb side pick up.
If the item arrived to you in a box, it will need to be in a box at the time of pick up.
For information or a written copy of the manufacturer's warranty, please contact us at: email@example.com.