$279.99 After $70 OFF
Solar Powered Attic Fan
The Solar Powered Attic Fan #1010TRS/HW is designed for shingle roofs only. For tile roofs, slate roofs, flat roofs, gable/static vents, and crawlspace ventilation, please visit the All Purpose Ventilator #1015APV, which is also available at Costco.com.
New for 2013: Approved for high wind applications and upgraded solar controller for improved performance.
Award winning, professional grade and high wind approved solar powered attic fan can continue to run after dark with the included Solar Controller.
The Solar Powered Attic Fan 1010TRS/HW is designed to reduce heat build-up in your attic in the summer and remove harmful moisture in the winter. Its commercial grade, heavy duty construction provides up to 25% more power than other fans, providing better circulation and improving airflow in your attic space. The 1010TRS/HW is approved by the Florida Building Code and Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) for high wind situations – tested over 150 mph with solar panel in full tilt. One fan can ventilate up to 1350 square feet and lower the attic temperature so your air conditioning won’t have to run as long to cool your home.
The Solar Powered Attic Fan qualifies for 30% Federal Tax Credit with many other local utility and municipality rebates available.
Reduce attic heat build-up – 43% of air conditioning design load is based on high attic temperatures. Lowering attic temperature lowers air conditioning use.
Reduce damaging moisture in your attic – 28 gallons of moisture is typically added to your attic space throughout the winter. Attic moisture causes mold and mildew growth and can cause attic insulation to lose its effectiveness.
The Solar Controller, with 2013 upgraded software, allows you to monitor your attic fan’s operating status, attic temperature and attic humidity. The addition of the Solar Controller enables your Solar Powered Attic Fan to run intermittently after sunset, or when there is no light available from the sun. This will allow your attic temperature to continuously drop after sunset and help remove the hot, stagnant air that can build up on those warm summer evenings. The annual operating cost of the using the Solar Controller connected to house power is about $2 a year. As an upgraded electronic thermostat and humidistat, the Solar Controller also allows you to take control of your Solar Attic Fan’s thermal switch remotely with the hand-held remote control.
Solar Powered Attic Fan qualifies for a 30% Federal Tax Credit with many local utility and municipality rebates also available.
The Solar Powered Attic fan is easy to install – less than 2 hours for the typical DIY’er. No electrician, permits or inspections required. National network of U.S. Sunlight preferred certified installers available, call 1-866-446-0966.
- Reduces attic heat buildup in the summer – reducing air conditioning usage
- Reduces attic moisture in the winter – reducing mold and mildew growth
- Reduces ice damming
- Helps create a balanced, more energy efficient home
- Extremely quiet – no harmonic hum typical of electric powered fans
- Easy to install – no electrician, permits or inspections required
- Extends the life of common asphalt shingles – extends roof life up to 10%
- Quick return on investment – 30% Federal Tax Credit, local utility rebates and extended roof life
- Solar Controller with upgraded software displays fan status, attic temperature and humidity on the hand-held remote.
- High wind model - severe weather tested to withstand winds over 150 mph – received Florida Product Approval and approval from the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI).
- Hand-held Solar Controller remote monitors attic conditions and utilizes solar power or house electricity to optimize the run-time of the fan in order to remove the excessive heat or moisture
- Commercial grade, hail resistant 10-watt solar panel can be rotated and tilted to capture the maximum energy available from the sun
- Ventilates up to 1350 sq. ft.
- Oversized heavy gauge flashing designed for leak-proof installation
- Impact & ultraviolet light resistant engineered ABS shroud resists fading, denting and rusting
- Galvanized & powder coated metal components resist rust
- Attractive black powder coating blends in with any roof color
- High output 38 volt motor
- Limited 1-year warranty on Solar Controller
- Limited 5-year warranty on motor
- Limited 20-year warranty on solar panel & housing
Brand: U.S. Sunlight Corp.
Express shipping is via UPS. The estimated delivery time will be approximately 3 - 5 business days from the time of order.
Please choose your shipping method at checkout.
An additional Shipping and Handling fee will apply to express shipments. This fee will be quoted at checkout.
*Delivery is available to Hawaii. An additional Shipping and Handling fee will apply. This fee will be quoted at checkout. Additional transit time may be required. Delivery is not available to Alaska or Puerto Rico.
Costco.com products can be returned to any of our more than 600 Costco warehouses worldwide.
Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touch screen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones.
How to Return: For an immediate refund (including shipping and handling), simply return your purchase at any one of our Costco warehouses worldwide. If you are unable to return your order at one of our warehouses, please email customer service or call our customer service center at 1-800-955-2292 for assistance. To expedite the processing of your return, please reference your order number.
If you request an item be picked up for return, the item must be packaged and available for pick up in the same manner as it was delivered.
If your order was delivered "curb side", it will need to be available for curb side pick up.
If the item arrived to you in a box, it will need to be in a box at the time of pick up.
For information or a written copy of the manufacturer's warranty, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.