Solar Powered Attic Fan Professional Series by U.S. Sunlight
The SunFan® Professional Series Solar Powered Attic Fan #9915TR is designed for shingle roofs only. For tile roofs, slate roofs, flat roofs, gable/static vents, and crawlspace ventilation, please consider the All Purpose Ventilator #1015APV, which is also available at Costco.com.
New for 2013 - Black solar panel for improved camouflaged appearance.
The award winning Sunfan® Solar Attic Fan #9915TR is our most powerful and efficient model yet, ventilating up to 1900 square feet of attic space with a single fan, requiring fewer fans to properly ventilate your attic space. The new, patent pending, Smooth-Air Deflector design in the shroud of the fan enhances the efficiency of air flow, resulting in increased ventilation performance by up to 30% over previous models – powered entirely by free and abundant solar energy.
The SunFan® Solar Attic Fan 9915TR effectively reduces attic heat buildup in the summer months and moisture in the winter months. In the summer, your attic can easily reach temperatures of 160˚F, resulting in a battle between the attic heat and your air conditioner. With 43% of air conditioning design load based on high attic temperatures frequently reaching 160˚F, reducing attic heat also reduces air conditioning run-time.
In the winter months, the building materials in your attic can absorb up to 28 gallons of moisture, contributing to mold and mildew growth. Moisture migrates into the attic space from daily activities such as running the dishwasher, showers and cooking. Additionally, warm attic air meeting the cooler temperatures of the roofing materials creates condensation, which drips onto the attic insulation causing it to lose its effectiveness. Warm attics in winter also contribute to ice damming as the snow melts on the roof and re-freezes at the eaves, causing water to accumulate and saturate the building materials.
Extend the run-time of the SunFan® 9915TR into the evening by purchasing the innovative new Solar Controller. With the Solar Controller, you have the ability to monitor the temperature and humidity levels of the attic space as well as the operating status of your fan. By choosing to connect the Solar Controller to house power, the SunFan® 9915TR will continue operating even when solar power is not available.
The SunFan® Professional Series Solar Powered Attic Fan qualifies for a 30% Federal Tax Credit with many local utility and municipality rebates also available.
The Solar Powered Attic fan is easy to install – less than 2 hours for the typical DIY’er. No electrician, permits or inspections required. National network of U.S. Sunlight preferred certified installers available, call 1-866-446-0966.
- Reduces attic heat buildup in the summer – reducing air conditioning usage
- Reduces attic moisture in the winter – reducing mold and mildew growth
- Reduces ice damming
- Helps create a balanced, more energy efficient home
- Extremely quiet – no harmonic hum typical of electric powered fans
- Easy to install – no electrician, permits or inspections required
- Extends the life of common asphalt shingles – extends roof life up to 10%
- Quick return on investment – 30% Federal Tax Credit, local utility rebates and extended roof life
- Ventilates up to 1900 square feet of attic space with a single fan
- Severe weather tested – withstands 150+ mph winds. Complies with Florida Building Codes and approved by Texas Department of Insurance (TDI)
- “Best of Show” at the 2011 National Hardware Show - #1 out of over 100,000 products
- “Best Sustainable Product” of 2011 by BUILDERnews
- Hail resistant solar panel
- Resistant to fading, denting, and rusting
- Thermal switch included
- Patent pending Smooth Air Deflector design maximizes efficiency – up to 30% more than other fans
- 14” fan blades are almost 15% larger than other attic fans
- Compatible with Solar Controller
- Professional grade 15 watt solar panel with tilt and rotate capabilities to maximize solar access
- Limited 5-year warranty on motor
- Limited 20-year warranty on solar panel and housing
- Innovative new black solar panel for improved roofline appearance
Blade Length: 14 in.
Express shipping is via UPS. The estimated delivery time will be approximately 3 - 5 business days from the time of order.
An additional Shipping and Handling fee will apply to express shipments. This fee will be quoted at checkout.
Please choose your shipping method at checkout.
*Delivery is available to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. An additional Shipping and Handling fee will apply to shipments going to Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico. This fee will be quoted at checkout. Additional transit time may be required.
Costco.com products can be returned to any of our more than 600 Costco warehouses worldwide.
Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touch screen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones.
How to Return: For an immediate refund (including shipping and handling), simply return your purchase at any one of our Costco warehouses worldwide. If you are unable to return your order at one of our warehouses, please email customer service or call our customer service center at 1-800-955-2292 for assistance. To expedite the processing of your return, please reference your order number.
If you request an item be picked up for return, the item must be packaged and available for pick up in the same manner as it was delivered.
If your order was delivered "curb side", it will need to be available for curb side pick up.
If the item arrived to you in a box, it will need to be in a box at the time of pick up.
For information or a written copy of the manufacturer's warranty, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.