Philips HeartStart Home Defibrillator
Item # 359854
The Philips HeartStart Home Defibrillator is the first and only new-generation defibrillator specifically designed for the home and has been recognized as safe to use because it delivers a shock only when advised and is easy to use by virtually anyone. It is also ready when you need it because it performs its own self-tests. HeartStart is the first and only home defibrillator cleared for sale without a prescription.
HeartStart treats the most common cause of sudden cardiac arrest. This award-winning and consumer friendly device is:
- Based on industry-leading technology
- Only treats shockable heart rhythms
- Guides you with interactive voice instructions
- Senses and adapts to your actions
- Provides CPR coaching
- Comes with a 4-year battery
- Runs daily self-tests for readiness, virtually no maintenance needed
- If HeartStart detects a problem, it chirps loudly to alert owner
- Weighs just 3.3 pounds. Take it wherever you go.
Will you be prepared when sudden cardiac arrest strikes?
Know the Facts.
Fact: Each year, approximately 325,00 people in the U.S. - nearly 1,000 people each day - die from sudden cardiac arrest (SCA).
Fact: Nearly 80% of all sudden cardiac arrest happen in the home. A majority of the time, someone is in the home who could potentially help. That someone could be you.
Fact: The risk of sudden death is highest soon after a heart attack, yet SCA is often the first sign of heart disease. In fact, 50% of males and 64% of females who experience SCA report no prior symptoms of heart disease.
Fact: With every minute that passes without a shock to the heart, an SCA victim's chance of survival decreases by 7-10%. After 10 minutes, very few SCA victims survive.
Early Defibrillation Helps Save Lives.
In the case of sudden cardiac arrest, minutes count. For the best chance of survival, a defibrillator should be used within 5 minutes. Unfortunately, less than 7% of SCA victims survive, largely because a defibrillator doesn't arrive in time. While a defibrillator won't save every victim, many more lives could be saved if more people were reached more quickly.
The Philips HeartStart Home Defibrillator comes with everything you need:
- Philips HeartStart Home Defibrillator
- Red carrying case with 911/EMS card
- Adult SMART pads cartridge* (lasts 2 years)
- Battery (lasts 4 years)
- Training video
- Discount coupons for CPR training at American Heart Association, American Red Cross or Medic First Aid
- 8-year product warranty
- 4-year battery warranty
- 2-year pad warranty
- HeartStart Training Pads Kit
- American Red Cross Deluxe Personal Safety Emergency Pack
- A Sturdy Wall Mount Bracket
A Support Program Enrollment Card is also included with the HeartStart Home Defibrillator. By enrolling in this free program, you will have access to a range of services, including:
- Important notifications about HeartStart
- Customer Service**
- Periodic accessory reminders
- Post-use counseling**
Please consider these things before your purchase:
- If you have questions or concerns about your health, or an existing medical condition, please talk with your doctor. A defibrillator does not take the place of seeking medical care.
- You cannot use the HeartStart to treat yourself.
- Users may need to perform CPR.
- Responding to cardiac arrest may require you to kneel.
- Voice instructions and enclosed materials are in English.
- HeartStart provides audible and visible indicators when maintenance is required.
Model: AED, HeartStart, SCA
Standard shipping via FedEx Ground is included in the quoted price. The estimated delivery time will be approximately 7 - 10 business days from the time of order.
Delivery is not available to Puerto Rico.
Costco.com products can be returned to any of our more than 600 Costco warehouses worldwide.
Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touch screen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones.
How to Return: For an immediate refund (including shipping and handling), simply return your purchase at any one of our Costco warehouses worldwide. If you are unable to return your order at one of our warehouses, please email customer service or call our customer service center at 1-800-955-2292 for assistance. To expedite the processing of your return, please reference your order number.
If you request an item be picked up for return, the item must be packaged and available for pick up in the same manner as it was delivered.
If your order was delivered "curb side", it will need to be available for curb side pick up.
If the item arrived to you in a box, it will need to be in a box at the time of pick up.