NicoDerm® CQ® Clear Step 1 - 21mg
Getting Started with NicoDerm CQ
Preparing to quit is important, take some time to do it right.
- Select the NicoDerm CQ that's right for you. If you smoke more than 10 cigarettes per day: start with Step 1, 10 or less cigarettes per day: start with Step 2.
- Enroll in the Committed Quitters program to receive individualized support
- Pick a quit date and mark your calendar
- Apply one NicoDerm CQ patch on the morning of your quit date. Remove backing from patch and immediately press onto skin. Hold for 10 seconds.
- At the same time everyday, remove the old patch and apply a new one, in a new location
Also included in this package: Committed Quitters Program enrollment form, user's guide, and child resistant disposal tray. Audio CD is available upon request.
NicoDerm CQ is a small, nicotine-containing patch. When you put on a NicoDerm CQ patch, nicotine passes through the skin and into your body. NicoDerm CQ is very thin and uses special material to control how fast nicotine passes through the skin. Unlike the sudden jolts of nicotine delivered by cigarettes, the amount of nicotine you receive remains relatively smooth throughout the 24 or 16-hour period you wear the NicoDerm CQ patch. This helps to reduce cravings you may have for nicotine.
If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use.
Before using this product, read the enclosed user's guide for complete directions and other information. Stop smoking completely when you begin using the patch.
If you smoke more than 10 cigarettes per day, use according to the following 10 week schedule:
- Step 1 – use one 21 mg patch/day (weeks 1-6)
- Step 2 – use one 14 mg patch/day (weeks 7-8)
- Step 3 – use one 7 mg patch/day (weeks 9-10)
Steps 2 and 3 allow you to gradually reduce your level of nicotine.
Completing the full program will increase your chances of quitting successfully.
- Apply one new patch every 24 hours on skin that is dry, clean and hairless
- Remove backing from patch and immediately press onto skin. Hold for 10 seconds
- Wash hands after applying or removing patch
- Throw away the patch in the enclosed disposal tray
- See enclosed user's guide for safety and handling
- You may wear the patch for 16 or 24 hours
- If you crave cigarettes when you wake up, wear the patch for 24 hours
- If you have vivid dreams or other sleep disturbances, you may remove the patch at bedtime and apply a new one in the morning
- The used patch should be removed and a new one applied to a different skin site at the same time each day
- Do not wear more than one patch at a time
- Do not cut patch in half or into smaller pieces
- Do not leave patch on for more than 24 hours because it may irritate your skin and loses strength after 24 hours
- Stop using the patch at the end of 10 weeks
- If you started with Step 2, stop using the patch at the end of 8 weeks
- If you still feel the need to use the patch, talk to your doctor
Nicotine, 21 mg delivered over 24 hours.
Ethylene Vinyl Acetate-Copolymer, Polyisobutylene and High Density Polyethylene Between Clear Polyester Backings.
Warnings & Precautions:
Do not use if:
- You continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use snuff or use a nicotine gum or other nicotine containing products
- Heart disease, recent heart attack or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase your heart rate
- High blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase your blood pressure
- An allergy to adhesive tape or have skin problems because you are more likely to get rashes
- Using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug and/or taking a prescription medicine for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted.
- Do not smoke even when not wearing the patch. The nicotine in your skin will still be entering your blood stream for several hours after you take off the patch. If you have vivid dreams or other sleep disturbances remove this patch at bedtime.
- Skin redness caused by the patch does not go away after four days
- Your skin swells
- You get a rash
- Irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur
- You get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, weakness, and rapid heartbeat
Keep out of reach of children and pets. Used patches have enough nicotine to poison children and pets. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Dispose of the used patches by folding sticky ends together and inserting in disposal tray in this box.
Store at 20-25°C(68-77°F)
Express shipping is via UPS. The estimated delivery time will be approximately 1 - 2 business days from the time of order.
Please choose your shipping method at checkout.
An additional Shipping and Handling fee will apply to express shipments. This fee will be quoted at checkout.
*Delivery is available to Alaska and Hawaii. An additional Shipping and Handling fee will apply to shipments going to Alaska or Hawaii. This fee will be quoted at checkout. Additional transit time may be required.
Delivery is not available to Puerto Rico.
Costco.com products can be returned to any of our more than 600 Costco warehouses worldwide.
Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touch screen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones.
How to Return: For an immediate refund (including shipping and handling), simply return your purchase at any one of our Costco warehouses worldwide. If you are unable to return your order at one of our warehouses, please email customer service or call our customer service center at 1-800-955-2292 for assistance. To expedite the processing of your return, please reference your order number.
If you request an item be picked up for return, the item must be packaged and available for pick up in the same manner as it was delivered.
If your order was delivered "curb side", it will need to be available for curb side pick up.
If the item arrived to you in a box, it will need to be in a box at the time of pick up.