Maximum Strength Mucinex® DM, 48 Tablets
Tame your cough and chest congestion with Maximum Strength.
To fight your worst chest congestion and cough, go to the Max, Maximum Strength Mucinex® DM.
- Chest Congestion
Major features of Maximum Strength Mucinex® DM:
- Breaks up mucus that causes chest congestion
- Controls Cough
- Lasts for 12 hours
Do not crush, chew or break tablet. Take with a full glass of water. This product can be administered without regard for the timing of meals.
Age - Dose
Adults and children 12 years of age and over:
1 tablet every 12 hours. Do not exceed 2 tablets in 24 hours.
Children under 12 years of age: do not use.
Active Ingredients (in each extended-release bi-layer tablet) - Purposes:
Dextromethorphan HBr 60 mg - Cough Suppressant
Guaifenesin 1200 mg - Expectorant
Carbomer Homopolymer type B; D&C Yellow #10 Aluminum Lake: Hypromellose, USP; Magnesium Stearate, NF; Microcrystalline Cellulose, NF; Sodium Starch Glycolate, NF.
- Helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive.
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or
- inhaled irritants
- the intensity of coughing
- the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
Do not use:
- for children under 12 years of age
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough accompanied by too much phlegm (mucus)
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness.
- If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Tamper evident: do not use if carton is open or if printed seal on blister is broken or missing. Store at 20-25 degrees Celsius (68-77 degrees Fahrenheit).