Kirkland Signature™ Natural Psyllium Fiber, 360 Doses
Compare to METAMUCIL® active ingredient^
Take Kirkland Signature™ Natural Psyllium Fiber into an empty glass and mix with at least 8 ounces of water or your favorite beverage to increase your daily fiber intake. This orange flavor, sugar free fiber supplement has a smooth texture, making it easy to blend into any non-carbonated beverage.
Adding fiber to your daily routine is an important part of a healthy diet. Gentle enough to take every day to help restore or maintain regularity.
- Effective in treating occasional constipation and restoring regularity.
- Take at the first signs of irregularity up to three times a day
- Put 1 dose into an empty glass
- Fill glass with 8 oz of water or favorite beverage
- Stir briskly and drink promptly
- If mixture thickens add more water and stir
- Take this product (child or adult dose) with at least 8 oz (a full glass) of water or other fluid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking. See choking warning.
- If you are taking a prescription medicine by mouth, take this product at least 2 hours before or two hours after the prescribed medicine.
Adults and children 12 years and over: 1 rounded teaspoon
6 to under 12 years: 1/2 teaspoon
Under 6 years: Ask a doctor
Active Ingredient (per each rounded teaspoon = 5.8 g) - Purpose:
Psyllium Husk 3.4 g - bulk-forming laxative.
DIETARY FIBER SUPPLEMENT:
Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 7 grams of soluble fiber per day from psyllium husk, as in this product, may reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol levels. One ADULT serving provides 2.4 grams of this soluble fiber. Consult a doctor if you are considering use of this product as part of a cholesterol-lowering program.
Adults 12 years and older: 1 rounded TEASPOON (tsp) in 8 oz of liquid 3 times daily.
Children under 12 years: Consult a Doctor.
- Take this product with at least 8 oz (a full glass) of water or other fluid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking. See choking warning.
Serving Size: 1 rounded tsp. (5.8 g)
Servings Per Container: 180
Amount Per Serving - % Daily Value*:
Calories 20, Total Carb. 5 g - 2%, Dietary Fiber 3 g - 12%, Soluble Fiber 2 g - **,
Sugars 0 g - **, Iron 1 mg - 4%, Sodium 5 mg - <1%, Potassium 30 mg - <1%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
**Daily Value not established
Aspartame, Citric Acid, FD&C Yellow #6, Maltodextrin, Natural and Artificial Orange Flavor, Silicone Dioxide, Sucralose.
Allergy Alert: May cause allergic reaction in people sensitive to indigestion or inhaled psyllium.
Choking: Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after this product, seek immediate medical attention.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- Abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
- A sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before you use if you are taking any other drug. Laxatives may affects how other drugs work.
When using this product:
- Do not exceed the maximum recommended daily dosage in a 24-hour period
- You may experience changes in bowel habits or minor bloating as your body adjusts to increased fiber intake
- Constipation lasts more than 7 days
- Rectal bleeding occurs
- Each teaspoon contains: potassium 30 mg and sodium 5 mg
- Phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine 25 mg per teaspoon
- Store at (20º-25ºC) 68º-77ºF
^This product is not manufactured or distributed by Proctor & Gamble, the distributor of METAMUCIL®.