Kensington 6' x 8' Greenhouse
Vegetable and Organic growing has never been so easy and fun. The 6 x 8 Kensington Greenhouse with new thicker crystal clear sides is an outstanding value and an innovation designed to give years of enjoyment and success for both the casual and serious gardener. The popularity of growing vegetables at home is one of the ideal ways to utilize the 48 square feet of floor space, and nearly 30 square feet of working benches which are integrated into the framework for maximum strength. These strong work benches run the full length of the greenhouse on both sides.
Being able to move about freely in your greenhouse is very important. The 7'2" inside height allows easy interior movement with maximum shoulder and head room. The Kensington 6' x 8' kit uses a patented push-lock interlocking frame system and features rigid polycarbonate roof panels that are 4 mil. thick and twin walled for maximum insulation as warm air rises. Side panels are clear polycarbonate and far more impact resistant than glass and these new thicker panels retain more warmth. Panels simply slide into place and become part of the rigid frame system, which includes an air circulation Smart Vent in the wall.
This Kensington unit also gives you mixed use options. Although vegetables and flowers are most commonly grown in greenhouses, exotic plants are becoming more and more popular as well. In winter, pull in your sensitive plants and also store your gardening tools and outdoor equipment. Between the floor and bench space, you have nearly 78 square feet of space to put things, not to mention the option to hang plants in baskets.
Assembly Note: Although no particular part or sequence of the assembly process is difficult, consider this a project that will require 1-3 days with 1-2 people systematically following the assembly manual. Two people make the project easier and more enjoyable. This 6' x 8' Kensington is the same basic series & part system as the larger 8' x 12' Kensington on this site. You may consider viewing the 8' x 12' assembly sequence video link for a general concept of how to put these units together.
- Patented push-fit assembly with Lock connectors
- Full length, 8' work benches on both sides of the Greenhouse (16 lineal feet total)
- Heavy gauge extruded aluminum framework
- Black baked powder coat finish blends into backyard decor
- Preassembled Door & Roof Vent for ease of assembly
- Roof panels are rigid 4 mm twin wall opaque UV Polycarbonate Panels
- Side panels are thicker, clear and impact resistant polycarbonate
- 1 Roof vent for maximum air circulation and humidity control
- 1 wall mounted Smart Vent with manual dial control knobs to control air flow
- Hinged door with spring loaded latch keeps door closed when not in use
- Door height 6 for easy access
- Full 7'2 center height allows comfortable movement throughout the greenhouse
- Crossing aircraft cable on sidewalls for completely rigid framework
- Little to no maintenance, corrosion and rust free
- Pliers, Phillips screwdriver or drill for assembly tools
- Ideal greenhouse for both propagating your seedlings and protecting your grown plants, also good for wintering sensitive plants
- Wind tested to 86 mph
- No base necessary, anchoring stakes provided, build wooden base if you wish
- Dimensions: 6' W x 8' L x 7'2" H
- Weight: 135 lbs.
- Ships in 2 boxes
- Warranty: Lifetime for Frame, 12 years for Polycarbonate Panels
- For questions regarding this product, please call toll free 1-877-407-9100 ext. 1, from 8 AM to 6 PM Monday through Friday Central time
Brand: Systems Trading
Dimensions: 8 ft. x 6 ft. x 7.17 ft.
Floor Size: 48 sq. ft.
Frame Color: Black
Frame Material: Powder-coated Aluminum
Includes Gutters: No
Panel Material: Polycarbonate
Weight: 135 lb.
Delivery is not available to Puerto Rico, Alaska or Hawaii.
Costco.com products can be returned to any of our more than 600 Costco warehouses worldwide.
Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touch screen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones.
How to Return: For an immediate refund (including shipping and handling), simply return your purchase at any one of our Costco warehouses worldwide. If you are unable to return your order at one of our warehouses, please email customer service or call our customer service center at 1-800-955-2292 for assistance. To expedite the processing of your return, please reference your order number.
If you request an item be picked up for return, the item must be packaged and available for pick up in the same manner as it was delivered.
If your order was delivered "curb side", it will need to be available for curb side pick up.
If the item arrived to you in a box, it will need to be in a box at the time of pick up.
For information or a written copy of the manufacturer's warranty, please contact us at: email@example.com.