Excedrin Extra Strength, 300 Caplets
With two different kinds of pain relievers in every pill, plus a booster to enhance headache relief, Excedrin ends headaches fast.
For additional headache relief, try resting in a dark room and massaging the neck muscles to alleviate tension and tightness. Be sure to get enough sleep and exercise, reduce stress at home and work, eat a healthy diet and relax.
Uses: Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- A Cold
- Muscular aches
- Premenstrual & menstrual cramps
- do not use more than directed
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 caplets every 6 hours; not more than 8 caplets in 24 hours.
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
Active Ingredients (in each caplet) – Purpose:
- Acetaminophen 250 mg – Pain reliever
- Aspirin 250 mg (NSAID*) – Pain reliever
- Caffeine 65 mg – Pain reliever aid
Carnauba Wax, Crospovidone, FD&C Blue #1 Aluminum Lake, Hypromellose, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Povidone, Pregelatinized Starch, Propylene Glycol, Saccharin Sodium, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide.
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy Alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include: hives, facial swelling, asthma (wheezing), and shock
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 2 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods, or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and, occasionally, rapid heartbeat.
Do not use:
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to acetaminophen, aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- you have liver disease
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have asthma
- a prescription drug for diabetes, gout, or arthritis
- any other drug, or are under a doctor’s care for any serious condition
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- painful area is red or swollen
- pain gets worse or lasts for more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts for more than 3 days
- any new symptoms occur
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- read all product information before using. Keep this box for important information.