Delsym® 12 Hour Cough Relief
Delsym® has a patented time-release medicine that goes to work fast to silence your cough for a full 12 hours.
What you should know about Cough
Coughing helps clear mucus and other matter (inhaled irritants) from the throat and lungs.
Remember to help decrease the spread of germs by:
Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough and always putting your used tissue in the waste basket when finished.
If you don't have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
Always clean your hands after coughing or sneezing. It is best to wash with soap and water or use a hand sanitizer.
What makes you Cough
If you have a cold or respiratory infection, coughing expels mucus/phlegm that builds up in your lungs. These droplets may contain viruses or bacteria that can make others sick, so always cover your mouth when coughing and wash your hands frequently.
You don't have to be sick to cough. Dust, pollen, smoke, and strong odors all can trigger a cough. Even though you're probably not spreading germs, it's a good idea to cover your mouth anyway.
How to care for a Cough
If you have a serious, persistent cough, check with your health care provider. But if your cough is just starting or if it is mild and doesn't bother you too much, here's what you can do:
- Drink lots of fluids
- Get plenty of rest, even if you don't feel sick
- Consider an over-the-counter medicine like Delsym® to relieve your cough.
Alcohol-free Cough Suppressant
Shake well before use. Measure only with dosing cup provided. Do not use dosing cup with other products. Dose as follows or as directed by a doctor. mL - milliliter.
Adults and children 12 years of age and over: 10 mL every 12 hours, not to exceed 20 mL in 24 hours.
Children 6 to under 12 years of age: 5 mL every 12 hours, not to exceed 10 mL in 24 hours.
Children 4 to under 6 years of age: 2.5 mL every 12 hours, not to exceed 5 mL in 24 hours.
Children under 4 years of age: do not use.
Active Ingredient (in each 5mL) - Purpose:
Dextromethorphan Polistirex equivalent to 30 mg Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide - Cough Suppressant.
Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Ethylcellulose, FD&C Yellow No. 6, Flavor, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Methylparaben, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Soybean, Cottonseed), Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Polysorbate 80, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Purified Water, Sucrose, Tragacanth, Xanthan Gum.
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
- Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains and MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, cough comes back, or occurs with fever, rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Each 5mL contains: Sodium 7 mg. Store at 20-25 degrees Celsius (68-77 degrees Fahrenheit). Dosing cup provided.