Prevacid®24HR Acid Reducer, 42 Capsules
The acid reducer medicine in Prevacid® is now available over the counter for the treatment of frequent heartburn as Prevacid®24HR (lansoprazole delayed-release capsules 15mg/acid reducer).
- Treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week)
- Not intended for immediate relief of heartburn
- Drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
Adults who are 18 years or older
- Product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours) every day for 14 days
- It may take 1 to 4 days for full effect, although some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
- Swallow 1 capsule with a glass of water before eating in the morning
- Take every day for 14 days
- Do not take more than 1 capsule a day
- Swallow whole. Do not crush or chew capsules.
- Do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
- You may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
- Do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor
Active Ingredient (in each capsule)- Purpose
Lansoprazole 15 mg - Acid Reducer
Colloidol Silicon Dioxide, D&C Red No. 28, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Green No. 3, FD&C Red No. 40, Gelatin, Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Low Substituted Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Magnesium Carbonate, Methacrylic Acid Copolymer, Polyethylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Starch ,Sucrose, Sugar Sphere, Talc, Titanium Dioxide.
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to lansoprazole
Do not use:
If you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- Liver disease
- Had heartburn over 2 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- Heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- Chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck, shoulders; or lightheadedness
- Frequent chest pain
- Frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- Unexplained weight loss
- Nausea or vomiting
- Stomach pain
- Warfarin (blood-thinning medicine)
- Prescription antifungal or anti-yeast medicines
- Digoxin (heart medicine)
- Theophylline (asthma medicine)
- Tacrolimus (immune system medicine)
- Atazanavir (medicine for HIV infection)
- Your heartburn continues or worsens
- You need to take this product for more than 14 days
- You need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Read the directions, warnings and package insert before use
- Keep the carton and package insert. They contain important information.
- Store at 68-77 degrees Fahrenheit (20-25 degrees Celsius)
- Keep product out of high heat and humidity
- Protect product from moisture